We are back this week with Thai Inspired Stir Fry Dish from Hello Fresh !
Please note - Simple changes to this recipe included switching white rice for brown rice noodles and sadly the Thai seasoning contained Shrimp so I added a recipe for my own seasoning.
6 Ounces Brown Rice Noodles
10 mini Bell Peppers
8 Tablespoon - Olive Oil
4 Ounces Red Cabbage
8 Ounces Ground Pork
1 Tablespoon Pork Ramen Stock Concentrate
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 Ounce Peanuts
1/2 Cup of water
Salt and pepper to taste
For the seasoning
1/2 tablespoon Coriander powder
/2 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
tablespoon Chili Flakes
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Crushed Garlic
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let the noodles soak for 25 minutes. I found topping up the noodles with hot water half way through helped, also toss the noodles to prevent them sticking. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and dry all the produce. Thinly slice scallions, keeping green and white separate. Thinly slice mini bell peppers into rounds, removing all seeds. Slice lime into wedges.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add pork, seasoning with salt and pepper. Break the pork down and cooked until brown for 6+ minutes. Remove from the pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1/2 Cup water, soy sauce and Ramen Pork Stock Concentrate. Bring to a simmer. If needed add extra hot sauce to taste.
- Return Pork to pan, along with the noodles. Toss and combine. Season again if needed.
- Divide mixture into bowls, drizzle with sesame oil, sprinkle green scallions and peanuts.
- Finally squeeze lime wedge.
From start to finish this dish took 25-30 minutes. The preparation was simple and quick ! For anyone balancing a job, family, friends and life - Hello Fresh is a great option to add new options into your week !