These pancakes sounds really unappetizing but let me tell you they are delicious !!!
- 1/2 packet - Arrowhead Mills Gluten-Free Pancake & Baking Mix
- 2 full eggs and 2 egg whites (Large eggs)
- Almond milk
- 10 tablespoons - Good quality honey
- Maple Syrup
- 10 Fresh Strawberries
- Box of Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon - Coconut oil
- Flax seed
- 1 banana
- Crushed nuts
- To make the pancake mix:
- Take the pancake flour and beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the honey into the mixture, this is needed to avoid the gluten free pancakes tasting dry, add in flax seeds and stir. If you do not mind diary then use some pure butter and melt it and mix into the mixture.
- Take the blueberries and crush them in a zip lock, add them and the juice to the mixture and stir again.
- Add as much Almond milk as needed to get the right consistency start off with a small amount and keep adding while mixing.
- In a cooking pot put the strawberries chopped with some maple syrup and a tablespoon of water and boil them down into a jam.
- Its best to leave the pancake mix overnight in the fridge but you can also use right away
- Put a small amount of coconut oil in the frying pan and add the banana, cook until caramelized and set aside. Then take the same pan and cook your pancakes to save the flavor.
- While cooking, I normally wait until I see all the bubbles disappear and then flip the pancakes.
- To get the shape of round I cheated and cut them with a circle cutter after they were cooked, you can get lots of shape makers to get the pancakes how you want them !
- Plate them, add strawberries and nuts on top and pour some maple syrup !